Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beauty in nature


It was warm and sunny today so I decided to grab the old camera and spend the afternoon at Glen Echo Park near Bethesda, Maryland.  The area was originally a giant amusement park in the early 1900's and has since been converted to an arts educational center.  Many of the original buildings are still being used for offices and classrooms.  There is a small creek that runs along the side of the park and feeds into the Potomac River.  This is where I spent much of the afternoon - precariously balancing on rocks in the creek trying to get the perfect shot without falling in the water and destroying my ankles or my precious equipment. 

This is the first time that I feel my nature photos actually do justice to the real thing.  Normally I photograph some pretty trees or water and it comes out looking flat and boring.  Somehow everything came together today to produce something that might even make Mother Nature proud.



1 comment:

  1. Looking at these photos instantly calms me. Like right now! Have you considered a proposal to have a Dr's office or Spa post your photos? Maybe as an art gallery-esqe or as a feature? The calming feature they have would be fantastic for a high stress or high tension environment where people would benefit from a calm view?

    ReplyDelete